The Reserve at Hot Springs, located on the National Register of Historic Places and located in Hot Springs, AR, warmly welcomes all guests. However, due to the historic significance of our luxury estate, the properties are not completely wheelchair or scooter accessible. Removal of necessary physical barriers for complete accessibility is not readily achievable as such removal would threaten or destroy the historic significance of the property.
Recognizing the national interest in preserving historic properties, Congress established alternative requirements for properties that cannot be made accessible without “threatening or destroying” their significance. A consultation process is outlined in the ADA’s Accessibility Guidelines for owners of historic properties who believe that making specific accessibility modifications would “threaten or destroy” the significance of their property.
The physical barriers include the following:
- The walkway from the parking area to the front door has level changes.
- Designated parking is not available.
- Elevated access requires climbing 6 or more steps.
- Due to the historic nature of the building, the interior structure includes narrow hallways and doorways that do not accommodate a wheelchair.
- There is no elevator.
- There are no handicap ramps at either house.
- No rooms include a roll in shower.
So all guests can enjoy The Reserve at Hot Springs, significant steps have been taken to remove barriers where possible at our property and our efforts are ongoing. We offer the following for those with limited disabilities:
- Room One: Located in our adjacent Legacy House, this room is situated on the first floor and offers a king bed and large en-suite bathroom with a walk-in rainfall shower.
- The Hot Springs Room, located on the first floor of the W.C. Brown House, includes a king bed, jetted spa tub and step-in shower.
- To enter the dining area, there is an access ramp at the side entrance to the property and ramp at the side entrance to the Gardens
- With 24 hour notice, we can also accommodate special diets including vegetarian, vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, low-carb and low-fat.
Our goal is to ensure that anyone who wishes to visit The Reserve at Hot Springs can do so, regardless of their physical abilities. Among the ways we strive to comply with the ADA:
- It is our standard operating procedure that individuals with disabilities be able to make reservations for an accessible accommodation during the same hours and in the same manner as individuals who do not need an accessible room.
- We have identified and described accessible features as well as physical barriers with enough detail to allow individuals with disabilities to determine independently whether a given guest room or cottage meets their accessibility needs.
- It is our standard operating procedure to ensure that our accessible guest room option is held for use by individuals with disabilities. However, we protect our clients’ right to privacy of disclosure.
- We guarantee that an accessible guest room, once reserved, is held for the reserving customer and is removed from all reservation systems. We make reasonable efforts with third-party reservation systems to ensure that an accessible room is available through at least some of these services and that information concerning the accessibility of the room is included on their reservation platform.
- Guests with legitimate service dogs will be provided access to all areas of the inn where members of the public are allowed to go.
For special accommodation needs, please call us directly at (501) 359-3053 so we can help you determine the best guest room to ensure you have a comfortable arrival and enjoyable stay.
We are committed to facilitating the accessibility and usability of this website for all people with disabilities. We will continue to implement the relevant portions of the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Level AA (WCAG 2.0 AA) or such other standards as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). On a periodic basis, our website will be tested with assistive technology. Please be aware that our efforts are ongoing. You may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us with questions or concerns regarding ADA accessibility issues, including issues accessing the website.